|Ms. Vee on Eyes wide open|
|Becca Bear on Eyes wide open|
|Ms. Vee on Eyes wide open|
|Holistic Wayfarer on Be a better you|
|Becca Bear on Be a better you|
The cat’s pajamas
A best friend is someone that you can always count on.
They could be a million miles away,
For a million years,
And when they come back it’s like that distance and time never even happened,
Like you’ve been together the whole time.
You can still fight,
still drive each other absolutely mad,But you will always be there for each other when you need it the most.
When you make stupid decisions,
If they aren’t making them with you,
They are the one telling it to you straight.
No beating around the bush,
‘You’re a fucking idiot.’
And they will be right there when you keep doing stupid shit to say:
‘I told you so.’
Then help you pick up the pieces.
They’re the shoulder you cry on.
The ones that make you smile.
The ones you make the best memories with.
The ones that change your life forever.
They’re your family.
And no one
~makes fun of
Except for you.
If you are reading this you are probably thinking of your best friend,
And if you don’t have a best friend you surely need one.
Thanks so much to The Mostly confused Teenager for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
– Display the Award Certificate on your blog. Check!
– Link back to the person who nominated you. The Mostly Confused Teenager❤ You sweet person, you!
– Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers. See the end of my post 😉
– Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post. Check!
– Post 7 interesting things about yourself. I’m not that interesting but I’ll give it a go!
1. Talent… or lack there of. I am the worst whistler in the world. As a matter of fact, I’m so bad at it I can’t even do it at all. I can fold my tongue into a four leaf clover and stick my feet behind my head but, I can’t freaking whistle! It’s extremely aggravating because I want to whistle all the time. And I want to be able to sing along to that stupid 3Oh!3 song but I CAN’T because they whistle in the chorus so I feel like an idiot. Worst song ever.
2. Family. I have a little sister and a little brother. My sister lives with my mother and my brother (who is deaf) lives with my father. I’m the oldest of all the cousins on my father’s side, and the third oldest on my mom’s side (she is the youngest of 12 brothers and sisters so… yeah.)
3. Pets. I have been a dog owner all my life from Dachshunds, Basset Hound, English Spinger Spaniels, to Pitbulls! And I absolutely love dogs!! The Pittbulls have been my favorite so far they just melt my heart when I see their beautiful faces! But when I was a senior in high school I owned my first cat, an orange tabby named Jasper. He had the coolest personality, but ran away :(. Then I took ownership of a beautiful tabby (and I think he has some maine coon in him) named Elvis (Renamed: Cheeseburger[main name], KittyKitty, Fatty-McFatterson, ect.). Now, I’m going to be a crazy cat lady because I’m planning on getting a second cat… only if Cheeseburger can get along with other cats. He is going to have a slumber party with my godkitten Piper this Sunday (keep your fingers crossed). So far the attempts made have not been good. One day I hope to own another big dog, but one that wont try to eat my cat(s). I also have 3 fish, and have owned 4 hamsters, 3 bunnies and 3 turtles. We like to live with a farm.
4. Lifestyle. I have been a vegetarian for 13 years… only being 24 that’s quite a feat I’d say. Yes, I care about animal cruelty. Yes, I feel bad for them. But mostly, I just really hate meat. It taste gross to me and always has since I was younger. I grew up in a family abiding by the “you eat all of your food before you leave the table” rule. I would sit at the table for hours with everything eaten except the meat. Eventually I got smart and started stuffing it in my cup after I drank the contents. When I was excused from the table to put my plate away I’d stop by the trash can. Sneaky sneaky. Since then I have tried an abundance of fake meats and I love every single one of them!! I don’t know why. Maybe its the lack of guilt, blood, and fat, but it’s just better to me. My father used to say it was just a ‘phase’ I was going through.
Is it still a phase, dad?
5. Music. I love this weird style of music called Visual Kei… It’s a japanese genre of music that combines fashion (elaborate makeup, outfits, hair, ect) as well as the music. They don’t play a particular type of music, though most bands are rock/ pop. Even though I don’t speak japanese very well the genre is extremely appealing to me because they put so much thought into the different aspects of their band. From it I have learned to listen and love tons of different bands that don’t originate from America. I love the diversity and how different it is. If you aren’t very open minded listen to the music before you google it 😉 Otherwise, I enjoy just about every genre of music. Except country. Don’t care if I live in the south, I don’t do country.
6. Movies. I just love movies… my favorite has probably always been ‘The Crow‘ with Brandon Lee (RIP). Horror movies are my favorite genre, though I’ll watch just about anything. And I have a huge collection of original Disney VHS movies that are my among my prized (material) possessions; while all my dvd’s and bluray’s stay on the book shelf in the living room the VHS movies get to stay in my room so I can watch them to fall asleep to.<3
“People once believed, that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes the crow could bring that soul back to put the wrong things right.”- Sarah
7. Something random. I have to eat my cereal before the pieces get soggy. They must be crunchy and I cannot drink the milk out of the bowl when I’m done. I can only drink milk when it has ice in it (it has to be as cold as possible).
And thats it! Now, drum roll please!
Here are my nominees: